Hillis, Peter (2011) The social composition of the cathedral church of St Mungo in late nineteenth-century Glasgow. Journal of Scottish Historical Studies, 31 (1). pp. 46-71. ISSN 1748-538XFull text not available in this repository. (Request a copy from the Strathclyde author)
This paper looks at the social composition of the Cathedral Church of St Mungo in Glasgow. As one of the very few remaining physical features of Glasgow’s medieval past and is, as claimed by Iain Macnair, ‘the finest remaining building of medieval Scotland’.1 This impressive building, 283 feet long, 62 feet wide with a spire of 250 feet, has withstood the many threats to its continued existence, notably during the Reformation, which brought about the near complete destruction of other cathedrals including St Andrews and Elgin.
|Keywords:||Glasgow, cathedral, St Mungo, medieval history, Medieval History|
|Subjects:||History General and Old World > History (General) > Medieval History|
|Department:||Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (HaSS) > School of Education > Education|
|Depositing user:||Pure Administrator|
|Date Deposited:||06 Jun 2011 15:32|
|Last modified:||18 Dec 2016 01:05|